A comfortable night’s sleep is crucial. But what is the best way to sleep?
It turns out your position is very important.
The position of your sleep is not only good for proper rest, but also has health, skin, and digestion benefits.
The left side has huge health benefits, while the right side can worsen digestion problems. And sleeping on your back can be downright dangerous for those who have asthma or sleep apnea.
Here are the major benefits of sleeping on your left side:
- Facilitate lymphatic drainage
- Makes it easier for the heart to pump downhill
- Better elimination
- Support healthy spleen function
- Encourages proper digestion
- Helps circulation back to the heart
- Helps bile flow more freely
Dr. John Douillard explains in more detail the benefits of lying and sleeping on your left side in the video below.